All of the sexual health services shown on this website are available to all Black and Minority Ethnic communities but you may want to access some specialist information and support.
SHEA – Sexual Health of Ethnic and African Communities in North, East & West Hampshire is a culturally appropriate project which supports specific sexual health concerns of Black and Minority Ethnic communities in Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Farnborough, Aldershot, Eastleigh & the New Forest
SHEA services include:
- providing HIV prevention, sexual health information and resources including condoms
- supporting individuals and families by providing access to advice on employment, benefits, immigration
- encouraging community organisations and supporting BME organisations
- referrals to other services
SHEA can offer telephone support or even arrange to meet you in a safe place to talk through some of the issues and questions you may have. Visit the SHEA website at www.sheahampshire.net for information about the project and a free and discrete condom ordering service.
SHEA aims to:
- ensure that service providers are aware of the cultures of BME groups so appropriate services can be provided
- encourage active involvement of BME communities in sexual health and other service provision
SHEA – www.sheahampshire.net
Helpline: 0800 075 1 057
For professionals or organisations who work with Black and Minority Ethnic communities please contact 07879 407143 for more information. SHEA is part of the HIV Prevention Project, www.hivprevention.org.uk.
Popularity: 4% [?]